I gave in and made one of my weaknesses. Blame it on the small jar of marinaded artichokes that I found at the import food store last weekend. And I also won’t admit that this is what we ate for dinner last night, along with a sliced baguette and a big salad (oh wait … just did!) 🙂
2 8-oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 small jar marinaded artichoke hearts, chopped
2 bunches of spinach
4 TBS. fresh lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste
tabasco to taste
slices of french baguette, lightly toasted, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (190 C).
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the spinach for a few minutes, then drain, squeeze out excess water with a kitchen towel, and roughly chop. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream and stir until smooth. Add the artichokes, spinach, garlic, Parmesan, lemon juice, salt & pepper, and tabasco.
- Grease a baking pan and pour in the dip, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top is bubbly and light brown. (Stick it under the broiler for the last few minutes of baking time to ensure this). Serve with slices of bread, crackers, or whatever.