Now that it’s fall, I’m craving the taste of cinnamon. Snickerdoodles are Dustin’s favorite cookie. Since today was his first day at his new job (YEA!) I decided to make these to congratulate him! It’s also important to note that these are the first cookies that I’ve baked in my new kitchen in Santa Cruz, using my wedding gift bowls, cookie sheets, and utensils! And you may remember my little Japanese oven from before. Now I’m almost overwhelmed by the size of American ovens!
(From an old Holiday Martha Stewart Magazine that’s been laying around – except I always use salted butter)
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. coarse salt
1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups plus 2 TBS. sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs one at a time. Gradually add the flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 2 TBS. sugar and the cinnamon.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Space 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden.
Hi Jonas! 🙂